In the facility, psychological and pedagogical support is provided in the course of ongoing work with the student and through integrated activities of teachers, educators of educational groups and specialists, as well as in the form of:
- activities to develop learning skills;
- specialist classes: corrective and compensatory, speech therapy, developing emotional and social competences, and other therapeutic activities;
- classes related to the choice of education and profession – in the case of primary school students and secondary school students;
- advice and consultation;
Psychological and pedagogical assistance
- adjusting educational requirements to the psychophysical abilities of the student and his needs;
- recognizing the way a student learns and applying an effective teaching methodology;
individualisation of work in compulsory and additional classes;
- adapting the learning conditions to the psychophysical needs of the student.
If it is found that the student requires psychological and pedagogical help, the teacher, tutor or specialist immediately provide the student with this help during the ongoing work with the student and inform about it:
- in the case of a school and an institution in which there is a school – the class teacher;
- in the case of a kindergarten and institution – the head of the kindergarten or institution.
The class teacher or the director of the kindergarten or institution informs other teachers, tutors or specialists about the need to provide the student with psychological and pedagogical assistance and plans and coordinates psychological and pedagogical assistance as part of integrated activities of teachers.
Tutors and specialists as well as ongoing work with the student
The principal of a kindergarten, school or institution may appoint another person whose task will be for students in a kindergarten, school or institution. planning and coordinating the provision of psychological and pedagogical help.
The principal of a kindergarten, school or facility determines the forms of providing this assistance, the period of providing them and the number of hours in which individual forms will be implemented.
The number of hours of individual forms of providing psychological and pedagogical assistance to students is determined by the head of a kindergarten, school or institution, taking into account the number of hours of classes in the field of psychological and pedagogical assistance and other activities supporting the education process or the number of hours of classes specified in the organization sheet of the kindergarten, school or institution. led by teachers and educators.
The class teacher or the headmaster of the kindergarten or institution, as well as teachers, tutors or specialists, planning to provide the student with psychological and pedagogical assistance, cooperate with the student’s parents or an adult student and support teachers of compulsory education in adjusting the ways and methods of work to the psychophysical abilities of the student.
- Teachers, tutors and specialists providing psychological and pedagogical help to students assess the effectiveness of the help provided and formulate conclusions regarding further actions aimed at improving the student’s functioning.
- If, despite the psychological and pedagogical assistance provided to the student in a kindergarten, school or institution, there is no improvement in the functioning of the student, the head of the kindergarten, school or facility, with the consent of the parents of the student or an adult student, applies to a public clinic to conduct a diagnosis and indicate how solving the student’s problem.
The application for a diagnosis and an indication of how to solve the student’s problem contains information about:
- identified individual developmental and educational needs, psychophysical abilities of the student and the developmental potential of the student;
- difficulties in the functioning of the student in the kindergarten, school and institution or the student’s special abilities;
- actions taken by teachers, educators and specialists to improve the functioning of the student, the forms of psychological and pedagogical assistance provided to the student, the period of their provision and the effects of the actions taken and the assistance provided;