You have now completed the learning for this module. These are the main points that you have learned.
- The differences between and the modes of action of live attenuated vaccines, inactivated vaccines, conjugate vaccines, subunit and toxoid vaccines and combined vaccines.
- The correct route of administration for different vaccines.
- The types of vaccine components that exist and their functions.
- The contraindications for vaccination that may present an additional risk.
- The vaccinations that are recommended during pregnancy and the contraindications for pregnant women.
- How to recognize unfounded rumours that affect immunization programmes.