Presently we can differentiate the list below kinds of vaccines
1) injections with eliminated microorganisms: they contain viruses or bacteria killed by chemical (acetone, betapropiolactone, BLOG phenol) or physical (warmth and UV rays) means; examples of such injections are typhoid, cholera, pertussis, rabies and polio (Salk) vaccines;
2) injections with live and also undermined microbes: consisting of infections or bacteria that keep the ability to increase in the vaccinated individual’s body, promoting his immune defenses, yet are incapable to trigger scientific indications;
3) vaccinations with fractions of microbes: containing fragmented infections, however without filtration of safety antigens, which are much less reactogenic and sufficiently immunogenic;
4) vaccinations with detoxified microbial antigens: their production requires polished filtration methods of the microbial or viral parts. When it comes to bacterial polysaccharide antigens, the thymus independence of these antigens should be overcome by conjugating them with service provider particles (eg meningococcal vaccine, pneumococcus, etc);.
Vaccinations consisting of anatoxins or toxoids: these vaccines are made use of to fight pathologies maintained by toxin-producing germs (eg Clostridium tetani, Clostridium Diphtheriae, etc); anatoxin is a toxic substance treated with formol with the manufacturing of an antigenically undamaged however toxic-free as well as secure item.
The vaccinations hence obtained are called anatoxins or toxoids as well as are inoculated in the fluid state or adsorbed on light weight aluminum hydroxide or phosphate to enhance their immunogenicity;.
- anti-idiotype injections: anti-idiotype antibodies have the ability to simulate the original antigen by replacing it in immunization processes.
- Compared to the equivalent viral, microbial or parasitic antigens, anti-idiotype vaccines could have the advantage of not provoking hazardous or allergic reactions;.
- injections from hereditary adjustment: the recombinant DNA method has been used (when the genetic factors of the safety antigens of infections, bacteria and protozoa have been recognized) to clone and produce a large amount of a particular antigen in a host system of very easy reproduction.
An additional group of vaccinations is that of “chimeric” microbes consisting of viruses and also attenuated microorganisms genetically controlled by putting genetics in their DNA that inscribe the production of the safety antigens of other pathogens.
Injections can be provided alone or in mix
The combined vaccine consists of the usage, in the exact same preparation, of numerous injections and exploits the capacity of the immune system to recognize and act concurrently with numerous antigens.
Among one of the most common combined vaccinations we keep in mind the trivalent injection against polio (with the three sorts of polio virus), the trivalent vaccine against measles, mumps, rubella, the polyvalent meningococcal injection and also the pneumococcal polyvalent vaccination. The path of management of the injections is selected according to the type of vaccination in order to optimize the immunological reaction.
It can be: dental, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular and also parenteral.
Vaccinations carried out intramuscularly or subcutaneously allow prompt call in between the antigen and the immune system.
Various other injections (eg the undermined Sabin polio injection) are, on the other hand, provided orally and also the reproduction of the infection happens in the digestive tract mucosa, creating an instant neighborhood antibody response. On top of that, there are vaccinations that include the administration of a solitary dose and also others that entail the management of several dosages (booster).